It’s spring in Beckley WV and thank God for it. After a particularly brutal winter it is time to get your Beckley WV home listed and sold fast. Why now? Well, the truth is that the majority of homes are sold in the Beckley WV and Southern WV markets in the spring and summer. In fact, according to sales data for the Beckley and Southern WV Real Estate markets as a whole for 2012 and 2013, on average 66% of all annual home sales in Beckley and Southern WV occurred during spring and summer as opposed 34% in fall and winter. The 2014 spring and summer Real Estate Market in Beckley WV and Southern WV is expected to continue to follow this rule as well.
So how do you get your Beckley WV home sold as fast as possible with more competition? By following our 6 tips below you can get a jump on the competition. Yes other people selling their Beckley WV, Glade Springs, Flat Top Lake, Crab Orchard, WV, Ghent, WV, Daniels, WV or other area of Southern WV are your competition and you want to beat them and get your home sold before them.
6 Tips to Get Your Beckley WV Home Sold Fast This Spring
- Get It Listed Fast. First and foremost you must get your home listed to get it sold. Being first to market with any product is a key to capitalizing on initial sales, and Real Estate is not any different. By getting your home listed at the beginning of the strongest selling season, spring and summer 2014, the odds increase your Beckley WV home will sell faster and for more money. So let’s beat the competition and get your home listed now. If you delay listing your Beckley WV home for sale, then it will take longer to sell it as there will be more competition.
- De-Clutter. Most Realtors will tell you that to get top dollar for your home you need to stage it and staging it starts with de-cluttering it. Every Beckley homeowner realizes they need to clean up their home before listing it. But as a Realtor I often have to stress with home sellers the importance of putting personal items out of sight. The reason this is important is so that the pictures will look great and allow potential buyers to better picture themselves in your home. With your personal items and nick-knacks staring potential buyers in the face, like that life-size Indian wood carving your husband just had to have, it is harder for them to realize what it would be like to live there, making it harder to sell your home. A rule of thumb I recommend for home sellers I work with is to store at least 50% of your personal items. That means storing them away and getting them out of the house. Focus on your kitchen is especially important as we want potential buyers to see a clean uncluttered kitchen. This step has the added benefit of having you at least partially ready to move, saving you time later.
- Fix, Repair, Upgrade. Take an objective look at your home and think if you were buying it again. What needs to be fixed, repaired, or updated? What of these items can be done for a minimum amount of money, like painting? Focus on these items without going overboard. Buyers more often than not want a home that is ready to move in. If there is a lot of fixing, repairing, or upgrading to do, they are going to be less likely to buy your home, or if they do, they will be looking to extract a discount for the work needed. If you want top dollar for your home, then it needs to be move-in ready. Get it that way and it will sell quicker and for more.
- Pick the right Realtor. Like most businesses, the 80/20 rule applies in Beckley Real Estate as well, meaning 80% of the Real Estate sold is sold by the top 20% of Realtors in the Beckley WV Real Estate Market. As one of Beckley’s top Realtor’s year after year, I can tell you that one of the key ways you get a home sold quick as to have a top realtor, one that markets your home extensively. Since 90% of home buyers start their search online it is important to pick a Realtor with the marketing experience to get your home listed and posted to as many sites as possible, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, MLS sites, national sites, and personal sites like my own at www.beckleywvhomesforsale.com. No Realtor in Beckley gives you more ways for potential buyers to find your home online than I do. I suggest you look online at listings and notice who is getting them online fast, with plenty of pictures. Nothing makes me sadder than a home that is listed with no or poor quality photos, because I know that is going to make their home harder to sell. Once buyers pass your home online, they are probably not coming back. So make sure to choose the best Realtor in Beckley and Southern WV to get your home sold fast.
- Set The Price Right. I always tell home sellers, it does not matter what you think your home is worth or what you paid for it, the only thing that matters is what someone else is willing to pay for it. Add to that it also matters what it can be appraised for to support a loan. Some Realtors will try to buy your listing by telling you what you want to hear and over price your home only to get you to discount it down or worse let it languish on the market and become a stale listing. I am not like that. I do my homework and perform a true Comparative Market Analysis, comparing your home to homes that have sold and are currently for sale to price it for the current market.Think about it, if you went to Wal-Mart and there were two similar products side by side at the end of the aisle and one was priced more than the other, which one would you buy? The less expensive one of course unless there was some compelling feature or function that warranted paying more. Homes are the same, if your competition has a better price and features and your home is priced for more, then their home will sell before yours. It is simple economics. So to get your home sold fast we need to set a competitive price, and that is where my expertise in the Beckley, Crab Orchard, Flat Top Lake, Glade Springs, and Southern WV Real Estate market comes into play. Homes I list tend to sell faster and for more money. In fact most homes I list for sell typically sell for 95% or more of listing price. Why? Because I set the price correctly to get it sold fast and closer to the correct price so there is less discounting. With mortgage rates higher and more competition in the spring and summer, it is very important this spring to set the right price to get your Beckley WV home sold quickly.
- Photos and Lots of Them. It baffles me when some Realtors do not post photos immediately upon listing or when they do they post only a few photos. We have already established that 90% of buyers start their home search online, so why would you not have plenty of high quality photos for them to see your product? So make sure your Realtor takes plenty of photos and posts them online day one. If you do not have plenty of photos for potential buyers to look at then they will pass your home by and never look back.
Following these 6 Tips To Get Your Beckley WV Home Sold Fast This Spring will make sure your Beckley WV home sells as quick as possible and for more money. Are you ready to list your Beckley WV, Ghent WV, Daniels WV, Glade Springs, Flat Top Lake, Crab Orchard, or other area of Southern WV home and get it sold fast? Call me, Betty J. Moore, now for a Free No Obligation CMA at 304-573-4970 or contact me via this page on this web site.
About the author: Betty J. Moore is a regionally recognized leader in Beckley WV Real Estate and Southern WV Real Estate market. Betty can be reached via the contact page on this web site or via phone at 304-573-4970. Betty has helped people sell their homes 55% faster1 on average compared to other homes listed elsewhere in the market through her extensive marketing and unique marketing plan for each home listed with her. She has also helped hundreds of people throughout her career find their dream home in the Beckley and Southern West Virginia real estate market. Betty was voted the number one realtor in 2012 by the readers of the Register Herald in their “Reader’s Choice Poll” and is consistently one of the top performing Realtors in the Beckley Real Estate Market year after year. “I have a passion for Real Estate and love to use my Beckley WV Real Estate marketing expertise to gain maximum exposure for your home and get it sold fast!
I service Real Estate sales in the following markets: Beckley Real Estate for Sale, Homes for Sale Beckley, Homes For Sale Beckley WV, Crab Orchard, Glade Springs Real Estate, Glade Springs Homes for Sale, Flat Top Lake Homes For Sale, Flat Top Lake Real Estate, and homes for sale in areas throughout southern WV.
1 Based on data from the Beckley Board of Realtors for January 30th 2013 to January 30th 2014 for homes listed and sold by Betty J. Moore versus all homes listed and sold for the same period for all areas. Average days on the market (DOM) for this period for all real estate sold was 180.3 days versus an average 80 days for the real estate listed by me and sold for the same period. Your results may vary based on many factors and are not guaranteed to be the same.